Below are the common questions we get asked about Student Summer Storage. Please note that this service is only available from June to September. You can also find out more by visiting your student union. If you require storage in the meantime, please contact us on 01904 21 77 77 and we will be more than happy to help.
How long can I store for?
- Inner Space Stations will store your belongings from 19th June until 28th September 2020.
- If you need storage outside of these dates, please contact Inner Space Stations to arrange this for a small additional charge.
Is short term storage available?
- Yes, you can store from as little as one week. We have a short term storage package which is recommended for students who are between accommodations. Please contact Inner Space Stations directly for more information.
Where are my things stored?
- Your belongings will be stored by Inner Space Stations in one of our secure storage locations which is covered by 24 hour CCTV.
Are my things insured?
- Yes each box/item is insured up to the value of £250. There is an excess of £100.
How big are the boxes?
- Cardboard Boxes are approx. L45cm x W45cm x H45cm
Can I use my own Boxes?
- No I’m afraid we can only accept boxes supplied by Inner Space Stations storage.
I have a plastic box from a previous year can I use that?
- Yes, as long as it is still labelled with our Inner Space Stations sticker and in good condition then you can re-use it. We will charge you only for the storage. Deposits from previous years are not refundable.
Is there any limit to how much I can store?
- No, you can store as many boxes, etc. as you would like.
Is there a weight limit for boxes and suitcases?
- Yes, the weight limit for boxes and suitcases is 20 kg maximum. All items will be weighed and if they exceed 20 kg you will be asked to buy additional boxes. When packing the boxes, we recommend that you distribute the heavier items so the weight is shared and the boxes don’t exceed the 20 kg limit.
Can I store my suitcases?
- Yes, we will store your suitcases, but they must be in good working order with no broken zips. These must be clearly labelled with surname, email address and contact number. An Inner Space Stations numbered sticker will be attached to each suitcase for identification purposes.
I have large items, can I store them?
- We may be able to accept other items and we have a weight limit 20 kg per item. They must be clearly labelled with your surname, email address and contact number. Please contact Inner Space Stations to check that your item can be stored.
Can I store my bicycle?
- Yes, however you must deliver your bike to Layerthorpe yourselves.
What can I store?
- You can store most things however you CANNOT store Perishables, Foods, Flammable Liquids, Combustible Materials, Liquid Make-up, Liquids
Where can I buy boxes from?
- Your Student Union is open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
- Inner Space Stations on Layerthorpe is open Monday – Saturday 8.00am – 6.00pm and Sunday 9.00am – 1.00pm.
Do you offer a refund?
- I’m afraid we don’t refund surplus boxes purchased so please make sure you only buy the number of boxes you need. You are required to pay a deposit for each plastic box you hire, which will be refunded to you upon returning the box to Inner Space Stations on Layerthorpe.
Do you collect from my accommodation?
- Yes we can collect from your accommodation on an agreed date and time. There is a small charge for this service. Please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd to arrange.
Can I take my items to Inner Space Stations myself?
- Yes, you can bring your items to Layerthorpe yourself. Many students use a local taxi service to transport their items.
Can I get a friend to drop off my things?
- No I’m afraid you must come yourself just in case there are any problems when you drop them off.
I’m coming back to a different college does this matter?
- No we can deliver your items back to any address in York.
What do I write on the Cardboard boxes?
- You must write your surname, email address and contact number on the side of all your Cardboard boxes.
How do I make my boxes secure?
- Cardboard boxes should be secured using the parcel tape you were given with your pack.
How do I collect my boxes/items in September?
- You must contact Inner Space Stations directly to arrange the collection of your storage boxes. Boxes can either be collected from Layerthorpe, or we can deliver straight to your new address. You must advise Inner Space Stations of your collection date at least one week in advance.
Do you drop off at my accommodation?
- Yes we can drop off at your accommodation on a mutually agreed date and time. There is a small delivery charge for this service for this service. Please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd to arrange.
What do I do if I need to change my collection date?
- As the boxes are stored in respect of collection dates it is important that we know when you are returning. Please email : email@example.com or call 01904 21 77 77 to confirm the date you wish to collect your storage on.
What happens if my items are damaged?
- Please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage. Please note there is a £100 excess on the insurance.